About the team
We are a multi-disciplinary amateur competitive cycling team of men and women.
We have a passion for racing
- We race with class, integrity and good sportsmanship.
- We talk with our legs, not our mouths.
- We race and ride safely.
- We promote the sport of cycling.
- We recognize that personal achievements take many forms that are not or cannot be reflected on a results sheet.
- We race aggressively and don't give up.
We appreciate our team
- We are positive ambassadors for our sponsors, above reproach while in team kit.
- We each do our part and pitch in to do the work of the team.
We value each other
- We invest in our teammates and help them become the best racers they can be.
- We respect our teammates, other teams, and fellow racers of all capabilities and levels.
- We advocate for equality between men and women racers.
- We strive for a diverse team membership.
- We know all our teammates; we are not strangers in the same kit.
- We have fun together!
- Club name is Liquid Velo, Inc. Title sponsorship name is currently SCCA/Starbucks Cycling Team.
- We are a non-profit 501(c)(3).
- Our roster is 75 riders maximum.
- Team colors are green and black.
Team Membership Requirements
- Ten races per year. For first year racers, this includes five road races.
- Support at least one of the team races
- Attend 2 team rides per month over the winter (October-February).
- Attend quarterly team meetings.
- Adhere to team values.
- 2004 - Women's only team of Starbucks associates seeded with corporate partnership club funds.
- 2008 - Ride for a Reason men's team merged with Starbucks women to create a co-ed team.
- 2008 - Seattle Cancer Care Alliance joins as a co-title sponsor.
- 2012 - First "home grown" Women road Cat 2s.
- 2013 - First "home grown" Men road Cat2s.
- 2013 - Team sends a squad of Cat 1/2 racers to a National Race Calendar Event, Cascade Classic.
For more information on our sponsors check out the Sponsors Page